Are you an enthusiast when it comes to interior design and furniture? Do you love classic designs which bring out the elegance and style in you? If your answer to both questions is a yes then you might want to know more about the egg chair.
Developed in the late 1950s by Arne Jacobsen, this particular chair was originally designed for a European hotel in Copenhagen. Together with the famous swan chair, the egg design has been known for its unique and revolutionary designs. In addition, this type of chair has also become popular because of its pure sculptured form. If you have been looking for the perfect type of chair to complete your collection or the decoration of your room, then make sure you give this one a try.
In case you are not yet familiar with the characteristics of the egg chair, here are some points to give you an idea:
- Available in at least three materials – No matter what your preferences are, there is a particular material that would fit your taste. This chair is available in three different fabric covers: leather, cashmere and wool. It is up to you which one you would get for your own purpose.
- Unibody design – Before Jacobsen developed these chair designs, most of them were boring and have two different parts – the stand and the actual seat which may or may not include a backrest. But because egg chairs are fully sculptured from a single material, it is durable and sturdy at the same time.
- Highly comfortable – If you are the type of person who hates creaks and other sounds while you are sitting on a particular chair, then this piece of furniture is definitely for you. In addition, the chair’s shape has been carefully sculptured to fit most, if not all types of individuals.
- Quality materials – Due to its large demand in both residential and corporate spaces, manufacturers have been using top notch materials to lure in customers and take down the competition.
- Affordable rates – While the usual price of egg chairs is a bit higher than average, there are other firms and shops which offer far better rates. You just have to do a little research and be able to find them.
These are just a few of the many benefits of getting an egg chair for your home or office. However, you should remember that not all manufacturers offer the same quality and rates. Because of this, make sure to conduct a short research using the Internet. Fortunately, the World Wide Web is highly accessible to almost everyone today. Use search engines like Google or Yahoo in finding reputable furniture shops and manufacturers.